32nd LAWASIA Conference 2019
Harmonisation through Synergy
The Annual Conference is LAWASIA’s flagship event and the highlight of its professional events program. A platform for the convergence of bar leaders, jurists, professional organisations and individual lawyers from across the Asia Pacific. It serves as an important forum for sharing ideas, building professional networks, reinforcing shared professional values, advocating for the rule of law, and advancing the status of the legal profession in the Asia Pacific.
Held in Hong Kong, a city boasting one of the best city skylines and the perfect balance of east and west coming together, the 32nd LAWASIA Conference will examine a range of topics, including:
- risk management in mediation and arbitration for international and cross-border disputes
- the challenges of cross-border cartel enforcement
- the extra-territorial impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on businesses in the Asia Pacific region
- sports contracts management and sports dispute resolution
- harmonised regulation of e-commerce in Asia
- fintech, cryptocurrency and initial coin offering
- legal responsibility of enterprises for climate change and its consequences
- employee’s protection: sexual harassment, equality and diversity
- human rights issues (including modern slavery) in the 21st century tackled at its source
- legal professional privilege in in-house environment – local and international challenges
- law on child protection in a cross-border context
- reorganisation alternatives for cross-border insolvency in Asia
- anti-corruption and anti-money laundering in the Asia Pacific region
- enforcement of IP rights, with a focus on counterfeiting activity in the Asian region
- age of millennials and gen-z lawyers
As well as holding the International Moot Competition final.
For updates and to view the full program, please visit the conference site.
We look forward to welcoming you at the conference!
Conference venue: Hong Kong SAR