Members are the very core of LAWASIA. We are proud to represent a constituency of individual lawyers and peak legal organisations drawn from over 40 jurisdictions.
Why Join LAWASIA?
Members are LAWASIA’s foundation, constituting its Executive Committee as well as its governing body, the LAWASIA Council.
Many lawyers join the association in order to support LAWASIA’s ongoing work in promoting the rule of law and the protection of human rights. By joining LAWASIA, members may also contribute to the sensitivity of the legal profession to human rights in all facets of its work and in its standing as a driving force within civil society.
Membership of LAWASIA offers to individuals and their law firms the opportunity to interact on a regional basis, to build their knowledge and understanding of legal issues and to develop a network of colleagues throughout the world with a common interest in the practice of law in this region.
LAWASIA provides its member organisations with the opportunity to advance their interests and to exert their influence as part of a regional grouping of professional legal associations.
Download the 2018 Membership Prospectus here.
Scroll down for more information about the types of membership available.
All members receive:
- Regular LAWASIA publications, including Asian Jurist, Update, and the LAWASIA Journal;
- LAWASIA Certificate of Membership and Lapel Pin;
- Reduced registration rates for LAWASIA seminars and conferences;
- The opportunity to present papers at LAWASIA seminars and conferences;
- Access to the LAWASIA website, which contains LAWASIA news and resources,
- Section and Committee information and the details of upcoming conferences, as well as links to other legal professional websites in the region;
- The opportunity to actively participate in Sections and Standing Committees; and
- An opportunity to form long-standing international relationships.