Members are the very core of LAWASIA. We are proud to represent a constituency of individual lawyers and peak legal organisations drawn from over 40 jurisdictions.
Why Join LAWASIA?
Members are LAWASIA’s foundation, constituting its Executive Committee as well as its governing body, the LAWASIA Council.
For over fifty years, LAWASIA has operated as a platform to promote the cross-jurisdictional exchange of legal knowledge; as a voice of the legal profession; and as a conduit for encouraging adherence to mutually-held principles of the rule of law, professional integrity and the protection of human rights. By joining LAWASIA, members contribute to these ongoing activities and connect with a diverse body of lawyers and peak legal organisations from over 40 jurisdictions.
Membership of LAWASIA offers to individuals and their law firms the opportunity to interact on a regional basis, to build their knowledge and understanding of legal issues and to develop a network of colleagues throughout the world with a common interest in the practice of law in this region.
LAWASIA provides its member organisations with the opportunity to advance their interests and to exert their influence as part of a regional grouping of professional legal associations.
Download the 2019 Membership Prospectus here.
Scroll down for more information about the types of membership available.
All members receive:
- Access to exclusive LAWASIA publications, including LAWASIA Update, Human Rights Update, the LAWASIA Journal, and our successful flagship publication Asian Jurist;
- LAWASIA Certificate of Membership and Lapel Pin;
- Reduced registration fees for LAWASIA seminars and conferences;
- The opportunity to present papers at LAWASIA seminars and conferences and contribute to LAWASIA publications;
- Access to the LAWASIA website, which contains LAWASIA news and resources, Section and Committee information and the details of upcoming conferences, as well as links to other legal professional websites in the region;
- The opportunity to actively participate in Sections and Standing Committees by providing a voice for the interests of the legal community in Asia and the Pacific; and
- The opportunity to form long-standing international relationships.